Name:
Location: Houston, United States

Monday, January 26, 2009

Tax Cheat Running IRS?

YeeHAW!

Our new Secretary of the Treasury, also the man in charge of the IRS, was delinquent on his taxes until the time he was nominated for his new post. Pays his back taxes (did he have to pay any penalties?) and goes straight into the job. I've heard on the news that the tax thing doesn't really matter because this guy is so smart, that he's the only one that can understand certain parts of the bailout legislation.

But he can't figure out how to do his taxes. I've been trying to find out if he paid any interest or penalties, but I can find no reference so far. I wonder what would happen if I were to simply not pay my taxes? Could I get by with just a "whoopsie-daisy"?

At the very least, this should be a powerful argument for a flat tax, or some other form of tax simplification.

Of course, the way the feds would simplify would be to just confiscate everything we own.

:(


All Hail the Obama Nation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home