Name:
Location: Houston, United States

Monday, December 06, 2004

Beginnings...

In "Dune", I believe when Paul Atreides and his mother are initially trying to establish themselves in the Fremen community, one of them says that beginnings are delicate and/or important times.

Very true. If you don't start things properly or think them through properly, it can be very difficult and painful to get things back on track (if it's even possible).

Thus, I shall set out my primary purpose for starting this blog: to get into the habit of writing again.

For a long time I drifted, not really doing anything. Just going with the flow. I find that a very easy thing to do much of the time. Over the past couple of years, I have been getting out of that, or rather beginning to. It's a process, not a sudden occurence (or mathematically speaking, it's continous, not discrete).


Anyhoo...the subject matter of this blog will be whatever I feel like writing about when I sit down at the computer. Big surprise there.

However, politics, religion, movies, literature, and maybe even some poetry will be amongst the contents, perhaps with even some of my own compositions.


Parting question: When someone asks you how your weekend or day was, and you give an honest answer, do they tend to not ask that question again?

For me and this particular weekend, my reply was, "It was the best of times (Saturday); it was the worst of times (Sunday night)."

About as diplomatic as I could force myself to be....

Later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home